Uganda is known as the pearl of Africa or the land gifted by nature! After Pope Francis Visit to this country in 2015, the country is now also referred to as “Land of the African Martyrs“. Located astride the Equator, Uganda is a relatively small country but having many exciting touristic sites that you should include in your next vacation holiday.
Top Destinations to Visit in Uganda
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – home to the rare endangered mountain gorillas
- Murchison Falls National Park
- Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Kibale National Park – the best place to see chimpanzees in Africa
- Kidepo Valley National Park
A Land with Great Wildlife
The most exciting everyone should take a look at are the mountain gorillas of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Lions, Elephants, Zebras, giraffes, buffaloes can be seen in any country of east Africa. The rare mountain gorillas can only be seen in the Virunga regions that is Parc National des Volcans in Rwanda and the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park in Uganda. Within these countries there are daily gorilla treks – visits to the habituated groups of mountain gorilla families within these parks.